Just recently I deployed CXF enabled application on websphere 7 and came across many issues. The issues were not with respect to configuration problems but were mostly related to the classes used internally by CXF (version 2.1, I guess) framework. Surpizingly these issues dont pop-up on JBoss server (Its like saying, hey look my code works on my machine, I dont know what went wrong with yours, it simply doesn’t kick. Heard that a lot in college days 😉
I was recently trying to fix one error and after installing patch 31 on IBM websphere 220.127.116.11, I came across a weird problem – My application was trying to connect to database using DBCP common pool and it suddenly stopped working after applying patch. The error message logged in file was “Network adapter could not establish connection”.
Last week, I was trying to deploy CXF 2.X webservice application on Websphere 6.1.0.X. Everything worked well and no error at the time of deployment. But while invoking webservices, we were getting an error
After googling, we found that this class is integral to JDK 1.5 and ships along with it. We were bit confused as the application was working fine on development machines with no errors. After googling more, the same problem was reported on most of the forums by Websphere users.